American Visa from Jeddah

An American visa is a non-immigrant visa that allows citizens of other countries to enter the United States for a temporary period of time for tourism, business, or other purposes.
The American visa Jeddah is a non-immigrant visa that allows citizens of Saudi Arabia to enter the United States for a temporary period of time for tourism, business, or other purposes.

How to apply for an American visa from Jeddah

To apply for an American visa from Jeddah, you will need to follow these steps:

  1. Complete the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application.
  2. Pay the visa application fee.
  3. Schedule a visa interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah.
  4. Attend your visa interview and bring the following documents:
    • A valid passport.
    • A copy of your DS-160 confirmation page.
    • A copy of your visa application fee receipt.
    • Any other supporting documentation required by the consulate.

Types of American visas

There are many different types of American visas, each with its own specific requirements and purpose. Some of the most common types of American visas include:

  • B-1 visa: The B-1 visa is for temporary business visitors. B-1 visa holders can engage in business activities such as attending meetings, negotiating contracts, and participating in trade shows.
  • B-2 visa: The B-2 visa is for temporary visitors for pleasure. B-2 visa holders can engage in activities such as sightseeing, visiting family and friends, and attending sporting events.
  • B-1/B-2 visa: The B-1/B-2 visa is a combination visa that allows holders to engage in both business and pleasure activities during their stay in the United States.
  • F-1 visa: The F-1 visa is for students who have been accepted to a full-time course of study at an accredited educational institution in the United States.
  • J-1 visa: The J-1 visa is for exchange visitors who are participating in a work-and-study-based program in the United States.
  • H-1B visa: The H-1B visa is for specialty occupation workers. H-1B visa holders must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field or have equivalent work experience.
  • L-1 visa: The L-1 visa is for intracompany transferees. L-1 visa holders must be employed by a company that has offices in both the United States and Saudi Arabia, and they must be transferred to the United States to work in a managerial, executive, or specialized knowledge capacity.

How long does it take to get an American visa from Jeddah?

The processing time for American visas from Jeddah can vary depending on the volume of applications and the complexity of the case. However, most applications are processed within a few weeks.


If you are a citizen of Saudi Arabia and you are planning to travel to the United States, you should begin the visa application process as early as possible.

The U.S. Consulate General in Jeddah offers a variety of resources to help you with the visa application process, including a website with information on visa requirements, a visa appointment system, and a visa interview preparation guide.

You May Also Like